great game, Leito is a great coach. what are they now 11-1 at home?
WOW!!! Uva v. Duke! What an AMAZING game.
We couldnt throw it in the ocean in the first half, missing shots we normally make at home. Hung in there tough. I know Vthokie says VT has the best backcourt in the ACC (or said that at one point). In all fairness, i havent seen his guys play, but i dont think you can get much better than Singletary and Reynolds. JR hits clutch free throws and Sean, well, he just made a pure shot to force ot and a circus one to win it.
All I could think when Paulus got the look at the end of the game was "Christian Laettner" Luckily, he missed and the court was stromed!! *side note: just ran up and shook mike patricks and leonard elmores hands. that was cool*
All in all, a great win. If we can make it through the rest of the schedule with only 1 or 2 losses and get to 20 wins, i think it would be tough of the committee to leave us out.
GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!
great game, Leito is a great coach. what are they now 11-1 at home?
"It never got weird enough for me" HST
actually i dont believe i ever said that...i said VT is one of the most experienced teams in the country right now and I'd rate the 4 guards from both schools like this
offensively:
Sean Singletary
Zabian Dowdell
J.R. Reynolds
Jamon Gordon
defensively:
Jamon Gordon
J.R. Reynolds
Zabian Dowdell
Sean Singletary
intangibles:
Jamon Gordon
Sean Singeltary
Zabian Dowdell
J.R. Reynolds
bout pretty even, although Singeltary has a big advantage in the offensive category (but you could say Gordon has as big of a lead in the defensive category)
Sean Singletary is one of the premier guards in college basketball right now...Zabian Dowdell is averaging 21 ppg in ACC play...Reynolds is a very capable scorer and defender...Jamon Gordon is the only player in the country to have recorded 1,000 points/500 rebounds/400 assists/200 steals, and if he gets 24 more blocks he will be the only player in college basketball history to do all of that plus 100 blocks
which backcourt is better? who knows, im sure you like yours and wouldnt trade and i know i like ours and wouldnt trade
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Loved it. Don't like Duke.
You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."
YES SIR!!! And I get to rub it in today to some people!!!
[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/Scooby31/pat_riley6-1.jpg[/img]
"Discipline is not a nasty word." -Pat Riley
Made a hellish night a little brighter for me. I despise Duke.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
I agree. Unless one has family or personal ties to Duke or went to Duke, they have no business rooting for Duke.
I just don't see how a casual sports fan can root for a non-state school who gets obvious favortism from media and refs more often than not.
Go Wahoos!
Go Mounties!
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]
As an old Tarheel, I hate Dook with a passion. Grew up hating them and hate them all the more once K got there. I'd pull for the Iraqui national team against them.
WHOA NOW! I am a born Tar Heel, but to cheer for Iraq? NO WAY haha.....i'd just rather not watch that game lol!
"That's Saucy" - Stuart Scott
Bookmarks